Thursday, November 1, 2007

Butternut Squash Risotto


I bought a humongous butternut squash from Trader Joe's for $1 and finally today I used it. I made this butternut squash risotto and I used the remains of the squash in butternut squash soup. The risotto was alright, it has brown rice, vegetable broth, onion, garlic, butternut squash and Parmesan cheese in it. I used brown rice instead of that rice you're supposed to use for risotto because I think brown rice is better for you. The down side to that is that is doesn't get as creamy. This took forever to make. I don't see myself making it again anytime soon. Or any butternut squash dish for that matter - it just takes too long to deal with the squash! Oh yes, and I also made the soup which is quite delicious if I do say so myself.

No comments: