Monday, April 16, 2007

Baked Breaded Chicken Breast with Lemon Sauce and Baked French Fries



I first hammered the chicken and then cut it up into strips. I probably should have cut the chicken into strips and then hammered it. Anyway, then I soaked the strips in egg and coated them with whole wheat Italian style bread crumbs. Then, I baked them. In the meantime in a saucepan I cooked some fresh lemon juice, a little sugar, and some curry powder. After about 15 minutes I took the chicken out of the oven, drizzled the strips with some of the sauce, and then put them back in the oven to bake another 5 minutes. I personally don't really like the lemon. I was hoping that the chicken would be more crispy, but I probably had to have drizzled the chicken with some oil. So then I must ask the question, is the crispiness worth the extra fat?

I found this recipe online for "baked crispy fries". I used a mixture of sweet potatoes and regular russet potatoes for the fries. I coated them with a little olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper before I baked them. The fries came out nice and soft, and definitely not dry which is good. However, they weren't really that crispy. Maybe I should have used more oil but I even used more oil than the recipe called for. The fries were still good though.

No comments: