Sunday, May 4, 2008

Burritos

Oh hai. I made burritos because my roommate bought tortillas and I got jealous. I bought some chicken legs and cooked them and scraped off the meat, because that's cheaper than buying chicken breasts and I'm poor. I also caramelized some onions, made some brown rice, cup up a tomato, opened up a can of veggie refried beans from TJ's, opened up a jar of salsa from TJ's, and grated some cheddar cheese for those who wanted it. The first night that I had the burrito I didn't really like it because it felt like each ingredient was separate, they didn't really combine to make one solid burrito. However, I made two burritos to take to school and by the time I ate them there, everything combined and they were delicious. The above picture is what my roommate calls "the beaver shot" of the burrito.

Here are some of the ingredients available:

No comments: