Sunday, October 5, 2008

Strawberry Frozen Yogurt

After being away from my ice cream maker for the entire summer, I kicked things off with strawberry frozen yogurt. The ingredients are 1 cup 2% plain greek yogurt (Trader Joe's brand), 1 pound of frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup sugar. I blended all of the ingredients and then threw them in the ice cream maker. The churning process made it fluffier. Then I put the mixture into the freezer. This is absolutely delicious. It's not too sweet - it's just right. And it's very strawberry-y. The frozen yogurt gets pretty hard in the freezer, making it difficult to scoop. I am told that this is because there is not that much fat in it. However, if I just let it sit out for 5 minutes or so, and then scooping it isn't a big deal. This is pretty wonderful because it satisfies my ice cream cravings but it's much better for you than ice cream! :D

1 comment:

Matt said...

UM WHERE'S THE MANGO!? STILL THOUGH 10/10 WOULD EAT FROZEN GREEK YOGURT AGAIN. I MEANT TO CAPITALIZE THE GREEK PART BUT I'M ALREADY YELLING OHHOHOHOHO