Friday, January 25, 2008

Cinnamon Rolls



I had been craving cinnamon rolls lately so I finally decided to make them. I followed this recipe: http://www.whatgeekseat.com/wordpress/2008/01/01/rollin-and-tumblin/
I made the mistake of using powdered sugar in the filling instead of regular sugar (I read the recipe wrong). I'm not sure how big of a difference it made. I also feel like there isn't enough filling. I used whole wheat white flour, so the cinnamon rolls do have a bit of an earthy taste, but I don't mind it too much. They definitely would have been better with bread flour. I tried one of these right when they came out of the oven and it was very good - the center was all soft and warm and the frosting was also good. The frosting is just powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk. I'm not sure how these will taste the next day. I put them in the refrigerator because they have milk in them and it just seems wrong to leave something with milk in it out. Overall I'm happy with how they came out.

I also got to use my kitchenaid to make the dough! It was my first time using both the paddle and dough hook attachments. It was very exciting.

Kitchenaid doin' it's thang:


A cinnamon roll before it was put in the oven. Not very flattering due to the powdered sugar - it would have been cuter if I used regular sugar.


Here is a cooked cinnamon roll:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hate looking at your blog at 1:35 AM. Now i have to cook some instant noodle.