Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"Lean Bread" from Peter Reinhart

Oh hello there. I made the first recipe from Peter Reinhart's new book.

It is called "Lean Bread". I don't know why though. It probably explains in the description. The bread came out awesome.

Here's a picture of the final product:


The recipe made enough to produce two of them:


I made the dough, which was pretty painless, and then let it sit in my refrigerator for 2 to 3 days (but you don't have to leave it in there that long). Then, day of, you have to shape the dough and then let it rise for 1 hour, covered:


Then, let the dough rise for another hour, uncovered:


Then, I managed to blow all the fuses in my house other than the oven, before actually putting the bread in the oven. I still baked the bread, using candle light to see:


I still got a shot of the babies in the oven:


Since my refrigerator wasn't working (as there was no power in my place), I decided to put my refrigerated goods in bags and hang them outside my window:


And 2 more windows:


Hopefully there is power when I get home but I'm not getting my hopes up. Didn't hear back from my landlord yet.

4 comments:

Matt said...

this bread looks so good I want to make love to it and then give it a name and raise it as my first born child

Anonymous said...

AWESOME POST!!!!

hope you get power too! can't imagine being in your situation! way to be resourceful.

navah said...

Can you post the recipe of the bread? it looks yummy.
navah

blingfood said...

Thanks Navah! I don't think I'm allowed to post the recipe, as it is from a new cookbook (this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1580089984). Thanks for the comment though!