Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Barefoot Contessa Truffles


I saw Barefoot Contessa make white truffles with dark chocolate drizzled on top. I wanted to make the same, except the other way around, dark chocolate truffles with white chocolate drizzled on top, since white chocolate is so bad for you. I followed her recipe except replaced dark chocolate with white chocolate and white chocolate with dark chocolate. I also didn't use the nuts nor the liquor since I didn't have any. They came out alright, I'm not quite sure how they're supposed to taste. It was difficult to roll them into nice, smooth balls because the chocolate kept sticking to my hands. They did taste good, but I don't know if I'd make them again.

The picture of them was taken 2 days after I made them, after they became hard and old looking.

No comments: