Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Stir-fry with Peanut Sauce and Chicken


The peanut sauce came out kind of gross. I found some recipe online for peanut sauce because that's my favorite stir-fry sauce. So I put peanut butter (the kind that just has peanuts and salt in it), low fat coconut milk, soy sauce and I think water. I think that the coconut milk is what threw it off. It just had a weird taste that I didn't really like. Some recipes called for chicken stock instead of or in addition to the coconut milk but I didn't have any so I made it without. Next time I'll probably just use that instead of the coconut milk. The stir-fry is with frozen stir-fry vegetables from Costco and boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut up into bite size pieces. Nevertheless, the stir-fry was pretty good, but I will definitely not make the sauce again without modifying it.

No comments: