Thursday, January 25, 2007

Soy sauce and honey chicken

I got this recipe from my cousin, and I really like it. I really need to figure out the proportion of honey to soy sauce I need though, because I always just wing it. Basically I just fry onions in a little olive oil, add some garlic, add boneless and skinless chicken breasts along with honey and soy sauce and let it do it's thing. You're actually supposed to put some fruit in it too, such as canned pineapple pieces (which is amazing in this) or dried fruit like dates... I think. I didn't have any pineapple so I just made it without fruit. This is what it looks like in the beginning.

And, this is what it looks like later:

One of the mistakes I made with this plate is I added a decent amount of salt to the onions when they were frying, because I always see that on TV! I forgot that soy sauce already has a ton of salt, so it came out really salty this time :( In the past when I've made it I never added salt to the onions, I don't know why I did last time. I think more honey would have been better too. Anyway, the chicken comes out really flavorful in this dish, and I like it regardless and will definitely try again!

No comments: